- Funding to achieve commercialization, which may include access to subject experts, assistance with product sales, intellectual property protection, market research, regulatory planning, manufacturing planning, or access to online technical or business resources. Awardees may obtain up to $50,000 for one of 4 areas and are invited to apply via email:
- Intellectual Property and Services
- Market Analysis
- Regulatory Strategy and Services
- Reimbursement Strategy and Services
- Note that the needs assessment and a report on commercialization areas from a life science industry or technology perspective is not currently accepting applications.
Innovation Corps (I-Corps) is an NIH and NSF program that “provides funding, mentoring, and networking opportunities to help commercialize” biomedical technology and helps you get to know your customer, termed “customer discovery”. This experiential education also helps researchers gain valuable insight into entrepreneurship, starting a business, and the challenges of the industry. Programs vary in length. They support the transfer of research to the marketplace.
NSF particularly recommends taking the I-Corps training.