Tips for Delivering Your Pitch
How an idea is presented can be as important as what is presented. Learn how to engage your audience and promote your idea.
Successful biotechnology entrepreneurs have recommended the following tips for delivering a pitch:
- Be confident and well-prepared.
- Only give your audience facts you are sure of – Don’t fake it. Potential investors are very bright and pick up on it. Be prepared to answer questions on the details.
- Display passion and enthusiasm for your work.
- Show leadership ability: Show good strategic thinking and an ability to inspire and execute.
- Tailor your pitch to the interests of each audience. Highlight the benefits of your product that whoever you are talking with will experience if they support your idea. If they will not benefit directly, describe the benefit for a group they might care about.
- Many investors in the Life Sciences want to see data. You can provide a summary in your talk, and offer to provide details if requested.
Source: Consolidated from our interviews with several successful biotech entrepreneurs and recent industry blogs (See Pitch Resources).